Thursday 28 May 2020

Book club-Kensuke Kingdom, Michael Morpurgo

This is the book that I have chosen for book club that we do at school, it's about a kid, going on a sailboat (called peggy sue) with his family to sail around the world, but in some time in the book they crash and start to sink. Then He became stranded on a island, then with no food he curled up in a ball ready to die, and in the morning next to him was a bowl of fresh water, fruit and fish. I'll tell you the blurb: I heard the wind above me in the sails. I remember thinking,"this is silly, you haven't got your safety harness on, you haven't got your life jacket on". "You shouldn't be doing this..." I was in the cold of the sea before I could even open my mouth to scream.
Washed up on a island in the pacific, Michael struggles to survive on his own. With no food  and no water, he curls up to die. When he wakes, there is a plate beside him of fish, of fruit, and I fresh bowl of water. He is not alone....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.